Summit Helps is a leading provider of rehabilitation and mental health treatment services, with state-of-the-art facilities located in New Jersey. Our dedicated team understands the complex nature of these struggles and is committed to helping individuals overcome the challenges of drug and alcohol addiction, as well as addressing other mental health issues.
We prioritize accessibility to our services and believe that everyone should have the opportunity to receive the care they need. To make our programs more accessible, Summit Helps accepts various health insurance plans and may accept your United Healthcare (UHC) plan. If you or a loved one are considering seeking rehab treatment, we encourage you to call (888) 995-6311. Take the first step towards a brighter, healthier future where comprehensive care meets understanding and support.
Addiction and Mental Health Statistics in New Jersey
New Jersey faces a significant opioid crisis, with nearly five times more annual deaths from opioids than combined fatalities from car crashes and firearms. In 2019, heroin and alcohol constituted 73% of treatment admissions, while specific communities like Newark consistently report high heroin abuse.
New Jersey’s strategic location with active seaports and proximity to major distribution centers contributes to its role as a drug transshipment hub, with drug overdoses being the leading cause of accidental deaths. The state is also recognized for its outpatient drug rehab services, enrolling approximately 35,454 patients annually, and recent data positions New Jersey as the 15th most affordable state for non-hospital residential drug rehab treatment.
Exploring New Jersey
Stretching along the northeastern coast of the United States, New Jersey, often dubbed “The Garden State,” showcases a varied geographical panorama encompassing idyllic beaches, undulating hills, and dynamic urban centers. One of its standout attributes is its adjacency to the Atlantic Ocean, allowing residents and visitors access to enchanting shorelines.
The renowned Jersey Shore, adorned with beach towns and lively boardwalks, is a sought-after destination for those searching for a coastal getaway. Urban enthusiasts can explore the bustling cityscapes of Newark and Jersey City, where iconic skyscrapers contribute to distinctive skylines, offering breathtaking views of New York City. Union City is celebrated for its diverse communities and vibrant ambiance, while further south, Atlantic City is famed for its animated boardwalk, casinos, and entertainment options. New Jersey unfolds a diverse tapestry of experiences within its borders.
Discover our facility at 4065 Quakerbridge Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550, strategically situated to blend the tranquility of suburban living with convenient access to urban amenities. Nestled in the heart of Princeton Junction, our space is surrounded by verdant landscapes and a serene atmosphere, creating an ideal backdrop for the recovery journey.
Positioned in proximity to renowned cities, our facility ensures accessibility to a diverse population. Princeton, New Jersey, is a stone’s throw away, providing access to cultural richness and academic prestige. Trenton, the state capital, offers a blend of history and modernity just a short distance away. For those seeking urban excitement, Philadelphia and New York City are nearby, allowing individuals to explore cultural attractions, entertainment, and employment opportunities while benefiting from the supportive environment of our rehabilitation facility.
Who is United Healthcare (UHC)?
UnitedHealth Group is a leading healthcare company with over 330,000 employees and operations in more than 130 countries. One of its main subsidiaries, United Healthcare (UHC), is based in Minnesota and provides a range of health insurance products and services to individuals, employers, and government-sponsored programs.¹
To provide additional value to their members, they also offer resources like wellness programs, nurse hotlines, online tools, an accessible member portal, and a mobile app to facilitate account management, find healthcare providers, check claims, and access educational materials. The United Healthcare network has a vast range of healthcare providers, which includes doctors, hospitals, specialists, and pharmacies. Members can choose in-network healthcare providers, which offer more flexibility, but they also have the option for out-of-network care, which may involve higher costs.²
Some United Healthcare Brands, Products and Services
United Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare provider offering diverse brands, products, and services tailored to meet the unique healthcare needs of individuals, families, and organizations in New Jersey. Their commitment to improving health and well-being is evident through various offerings, including:
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance: As one of the largest health insurance providers in the United States, United Healthcare offers various health insurance plans catering to individuals, families, groups, and Medicare beneficiaries.
- Optum: An extension of UnitedHealth Group’s health services that focuses on enhancing healthcare delivery. Services provided include pharmacy benefits management, data analytics, and wellness programs.3
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage Plans: These plans offer comprehensive healthcare coverage for Medicare-eligible individuals, often including prescription drug coverage and additional benefits.
- United Healthcare Medicaid: Tailored for low-income individuals and families, United Healthcare Medicaid plans provide essential healthcare services through a network of healthcare providers.4
- United Healthcare Dual Complete: A Medicare Advantage plan designed to provide comprehensive coverage, including medical, hospital, and prescription drug benefits, for individuals eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.5
- United Healthcare Employer Services: This segment supports employers with a suite of benefits, including wellness programs, cost management, and technology solutions, to enhance employee benefits programs.6
- United Healthcare Community Plan: Dedicated to serving Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) members, this program ensures access to quality healthcare services.7
- United Healthcare Health and Wellness Programs: Various wellness programs promote healthy lifestyles and provide resources for managing chronic conditions.8
- United Healthcare Telehealth Services: Telehealth options enable members to access medical care remotely, improving accessibility and convenience.9
- United Healthcare Online Member Tools: Members can access online tools and a mobile app to manage accounts, locate healthcare providers, and access educational resources.
- United Healthcare Dental and Vision Insurance: Beyond medical coverage, United Healthcare provides dental and vision insurance plans to address various healthcare needs.1011
- United Healthcare Navigate: A network-based health insurance plan designed to offer cost-effective healthcare coverage through a network of preferred providers.12
- United Healthcare House Calls: In-home healthcare assessments are available to eligible Medicaid and Medicare members, enhancing access to personalized healthcare services.13
What is United Healthcare Coverage for Rehab?
United Healthcare rehab coverage may encompass a range of services targeted at treating substance use disorder or other mental health disorders in an inpatient or outpatient setting. These services may include detoxification, counseling, therapy sessions, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare planning, ensuring individuals have access to the necessary treatment and support for overall well-being.
Rehab services and coverage will vary from plan to plan. It’s advisable to review your plan details. You can also check your insurance coverage levels here. Contact us for detailed information regarding UHC’s rehabilitation coverage, including potential co-pays, deductibles, limitations, or exclusions.
Does United Healthcare Cover Rehab?
United Healthcare provides coverage for rehabilitation services for drug abuse and alcoholism in New Jersey. Their health insurance plans often include inpatient and outpatient care, offering access to essential treatment resources like detoxification, counseling, support groups, and more. The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act in the United States ensures coverage for individuals seeking substance abuse and addiction treatment.14
Review the details of your specific plan to understand the extent of coverage, including any potential co-pays, deductibles, and limitations. If you or a loved one are considering United Healthcare alcohol rehab or United Healthcare drug rehab, call (888) 995-6311 to gain comprehensive information tailored to your insurance plan, ensuring you make informed decisions about your path to recovery.
Does UnitedHealthcare Cover Medical Detox Services in New Jersey?
United Healthcare commonly provides coverage for medical detoxification treatment, a crucial initial phase in addressing substance abuse and addiction. This process involves closely supervised tapering off of addictive substances, with medical professionals overseeing progress and administering necessary medications or interventions to manage withdrawal symptoms.
United Healthcare’s thoughtful approach to coverage for medical detox aims to ensure individuals have access to essential care. This coverage typically includes inpatient and outpatient detox programs, contingent on the specific plan and requirements. Review your United Healthcare policy or check your insurance information now to fully grasp the details of your coverage and optimize the benefits available.
Does United Healthcare Cover Residential Treatment in NJ?
United Healthcare commonly provides coverage for residential treatment, a vital component of addiction recovery and mental health support. In residential rehab, individuals stay in a supportive environment at a specialized facility, receiving intensive therapy and medical supervision. This coverage guarantees access to crucial care for addiction and mental health challenges, particularly for those requiring round-the-clock inpatient care.
Given policy variations, reviewing your plan and collaborating with United Healthcare network providers to maximize benefits is essential. For more details on residential treatment, please call (888) 995-6311.
Does UHC Cover Mental Health Therapy Treatment?
United Healthcare (UHC) provides comprehensive healthcare plans and services that includes mental health therapy treatment. The company offers various counseling and therapy methods, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and motivational interviewing, to address a wide range of mental health conditions and concerns.15
Understanding the details of your UHC coverage is crucial as services and the extent of coverage depend on the specific plan and other variables. However, most plans provide options for inpatient and outpatient care, emphasizing the vital role of mental health in overall well-being. To maximize your benefits and thoroughly understand your coverage, it is essential to review your policy and collaborate closely with healthcare providers within the UHC network.
Does UnitedHealthcare Cover NJ Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy?
United Healthcare typically includes coverage for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy within their comprehensive mental health services. EMDR is an evidence-based therapeutic approach primarily used for individuals dealing with trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and related mental health conditions.
Your coverage details, including copayments, deductibles, exclusions, limitations, and the allotted number of therapy sessions, may vary based on your UHC policy and other factors. It is essential to thoroughly review your plan documents or reach out directly to United Healthcare for a comprehensive understanding. For additional information on EMDR and UHC insurance, call (888) 995-6311.
Other Rehab Treatment Programs Covered by United Healthcare
United Healthcare and Summit Helps recognize the diverse nature of mental health and substance abuse treatment, which can vary based on individual needs and the severity of the condition. Consequently, there is coverage for a spectrum of programs designed to address these varying needs. The following sections will delve into various treatment programs typically covered by UHC.
Coverage for Partial Hospitalization Programs
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs) deliver concentrated, brief-term treatment for mental health concerns demanding structured care and support without requiring round-the-clock inpatient care. UHC generally provides coverage for PHPs, guaranteeing access to vital therapy and support crucial during this pivotal stage of treatment.
These programs usually incorporate diverse therapeutic approaches, including individual and group therapy, medication management, and life skills training. This comprehensive approach equips individuals with the necessary tools and skills for relapse prevention and successful reintegration into daily life.
Coverage for Intensive Outpatient Program
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) offer individuals therapy and support without needing 24/7 inpatient care. These programs usually provide therapeutic approaches like individual and group therapy sessions, medication management, and life skills training. UHC typically covers IOPs, making them accessible to the insured as part of their mental health treatment.
Coverage for Acute Treatment Programs
Acute treatment programs offer short-term and intensive care for individuals experiencing mental health crises. These programs typically include crisis intervention, psychiatric evaluation, medication management, and therapy. The primary objective of these programs is to stabilize the individual during challenging periods and prevent further deterioration of their mental health.
UHC usually covers acute treatment programs to provide immediate care and support during mental health crises.
Coverage for Inpatient Rehab
Accessing inpatient rehabilitation, also referred to as residential treatment, is an essential part of mental health treatment. Individuals with severe mental health or substance use disorders that require round-the-clock care can benefit from these programs, which UHC typically covers. These programs provide a structured and supportive environment for focusing on recovery and sobriety.
Rehab Center in New Jersey That Takes United Healthcare?
Dedicated to aiding individuals on their journey to recovery from substance abuse and mental health challenges, our outpatient treatment center in Princeton Junction, New Jersey, employs a holistic approach. We utilize personalized, evidence-based treatment methods and accept a variety of insurance plans. For more information, please call (888) 995-6311 or visit our treatment facility:
How Much is Rehab with UHC Insurance?
Rehabilitation expenses under UHC Insurance vary significantly, influenced by factors such as the specifics of your policy and the duration of the required treatment. On average, without insurance, psychotherapy sessions typically range between $100 and $200 per hour.16 while an outpatient rehabilitation program of three months typically costs around $5,000.17 These figures are estimates and subject to change.
UHC benefits generally cover some of the costs associated with rehab, but financial responsibilities, such as copayments and deductibles, may still apply. The primary objective is to ensure you or your loved one can access essential care. If you are considering mental health or addiction rehabilitation, we’re here to assist you in obtaining the necessary care. Take a moment to review your insurance details today for peace of mind and personalized support—call (888) 995-6311.
How To Check United Healthcare Insurance Coverage Levels for Rehab Treatment
To confirm your eligibility for rehab treatment through your United Healthcare (UHC) insurance, kindly check your insurance. Our committed team will speak with your insurance provider on your behalf, ensuring a confidential process without obligation. Following verification, we will contact you to discuss your policy details and guide you through the next steps.
For a comprehensive understanding of your UHC insurance policy specifics and to discover rehab centers that take UHC, call (888) 995-6311.
How To Get UHC to Pay for Rehab Treatment in New Jersey
Begin by thoroughly examining your benefits documentation. For the latest information, call (888) 995-6311. Select rehab centers within the UHC network that align with your preferences to maximize your UHC benefits. Obtain a referral from your primary care physician and, if necessary, provide UHC with pre-authorization details.
Ensure the chosen rehab facility submits claims to UHC on your behalf. After completing your treatment, follow up with UHC to verify claims processing and receive any owed reimbursements or coverage benefits. Staying within the network of approved providers and adhering to your prescribed treatment plan increases the likelihood of UHC covering rehab treatment costs in New Jersey.
How Many Times Will United Healthcare Pay for Rehab Services?
The extent and frequency of rehabilitation coverage provided by UHC depend on factors like your individual policy, the type of treatment, and medical necessity. UHC usually covers medically necessary services, with specific details about the frequency and number of rehab sessions outlined in your insurance policy.
For additional information, including details on the number of rehabilitation sessions covered and their frequency, please call (888) 995-6311. Maintaining consistent communication with your healthcare and insurance providers can offer further clarification.
Addiction Statistics in New Jersey
- Annual opioid-related deaths in New Jersey are nearly five times higher than the combined number of fatalities from car crashes and firearms.18
- In 2019, heroin and alcohol accounted for 73% of New Jersey treatment admissions.19
- While specific communities, such as Newark, consistently appear at the forefront of the list for the highest number of heroin abuse cases, others, like Toms River, Barnegat, Ventnor, Wildwood, and Point Pleasant, demonstrate a significantly elevated rate of abuse cases.20
- From 2016 to 2021, around 312,000 individuals in New Jersey sought treatment for substance abuse.21
- New Jersey’s active seaports, two international airports, and proximity to two major distribution centers—New York City and Philadelphia—contribute to its significance as a hub for drug transshipment.22
- Drug overdoses are the leading cause of accidental deaths in New Jersey.23
- In 2019, a report on substance abuse in New Jersey identified the most commonly abused illicit drugs: heroin, other opiates, cocaine, and marijuana.24
- About 35,454 patients enroll in New Jersey’s outpatient drug rehab services annually.25
- Recent data shows New Jersey as the 15th most affordable state for non-hospital residential drug rehab treatment.26
Related Insurance Pages
- Aetna Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Cover in New Jersey
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Addiction Rehab Treatment Coverage
- Carelon Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment Coverage in New Jersey
- Cigna New Jersey Addiction Rehab Treatment Coverage
- Does Health Insurance Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
- Humana New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab Treatment Cover
- Optum Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab Treatment Cover in New Jersey
- United Healthcare (UHC) Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment in New Jersey